As a partner in the Litigation Practice at Gould & Ratner, Stephanie Petersmarck handles a wide variety of complex commercial cases through all phases of litigation, as well as conducting internal investigation and counseling clients on statutory and regulatory matters, best practices, and business standards and solutions.
Stephanie has experience litigating cases for clients involving a broad spectrum of business and legal issues, including:
- breach of contract
- break of fiduciary duty
- products liability
- professional malpractice
- intellectual property
- real estate and development disputes
- securities violations
- employment-related matters
Stephanie has been recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers in the area of Business Litigation for 2017 was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers from 2011-2015.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2002
- University of Michigan, B.A., with distinction, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- American Bar Association, Women’s Advocate Committee
- Chicago Bar Association, Judicial Evaluation Committee Investigator
- Chicago Council of Lawyers
- Illinois State Bar Association
Key Cases or Transactions
- Represented a leading private label food manufacturer enforcing non-compete agreement with former employees.
- Represented an international commercial real estate service firm defending breach of contract, professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty and negligent misrepresentation claims in arbitration.
- Represented a local business prosecuting discriminatory zoning claims against municipality in five-day federal trial.