Gerry Weber works closely with his clients to help them achieve their business and financial goals, drawing upon more than 40 years of experience in the tax, financial and business planning field.
A Certified Public Accountant, Gerry has extensive experience representing families, entrepreneurs, investors and business enterprises in the development and implementation of their long-term business, financial, charitable, and estate and family planning goals.
A former long-term member of the firm's Management Committee, he continues to serve as trustee and advisor for more than 100 families, as well as numerous public charities and family charitable foundations.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1963
- University of Michigan, B.B.A., 1960
Key Cases or Transactions
- Advisor to family businesses seeking to minimize the onerous C-Corporate taxation without incurring the traditional costs associated with the corporate liquidation process.
- Advisor to entrepreneurial start-up companies in structuring the interests held by the capital and service providers to maximize the deferral of tax payments and the after-tax proceeds
- Advisor to multi-generation families and their businesses in developing and implementing a family strategy to assure continuity and unity of their family and business activities.