As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Litigation Practice, Justin Hanson primarily handles complex commercial litigation matters ranging from breach of contract to breach of fiduciary duty to insurance coverage disputes.
Justin also has experience defending product liability and other tort cases, as well as matters involving claims against employers by their employees.
Before joining Gould & Ratner, Justin served as an assistant state’s attorney in the Civil Actions Bureau of the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, where he gained extensive experience practicing before state and federal courts at the trial and appellate court levels. Justin has successfully defended police officers, elected officials, doctors, prosecutors and county agencies in a wide variety of complex litigation matters. He started his career in the Torts & Civil Rights Unit at the State’s Attorney’s Office and was later assigned to the Complex Litigation Unit, where he handled several high-profile cases, including reverse conviction matters.
Before attending law school, Justin served as a policy analyst for leadership in the U.S. House of Representatives and as a legislative advisor at a government affairs firm in Washington, D.C.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2012
- Marquette University, B.A., Political Science , 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Civil Practice Committee
- Local Government Committee
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Lyons Township Community Advisory Council
- Commissioner, Village of La Grange Community and Economic Development Commission
- Eight Gould & Ratner Lawyers Earn Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Designation for 2021, February 01, 2021
- Gould & Ratner Named to 2021 U.S. News Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch,” “Best Law Firms” List, August 20, 2020
- Eight Gould & Ratner Lawyers Earn Illinois Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Designation for 2020, January 30, 2020
- Justin W. Hanson Joins Gould & Ratner, October 2017