As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Real Estate Practice, Paige Krause represents owners, developers and investors in a wide range of commercial real estate matters, including, but not limited to:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of office, retail, and industrial properties
- Office and retail leasing
- Related corporate matters
Paige assists and advises clients throughout every stage of a purchase/sale, including negotiating and documenting the initial contract, handling due diligence matters, including title and survey matters and bringing the transaction to a close. She also regularly negotiates leases and assists clients with disputes under lease agreements by determining the best approach moving forward up to the point of litigation. Paige is very attentive to clients’ needs and always seeks out the most efficient and cost effective way to achieve their goals and always keeps the client’s best interests in mind.
Prior to joining Gould & Ratner, Paige worked as in-house counsel for a large commercial real estate company.Paige has been named to U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” list for 2022 in the category of real estate law.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S., Psychology , 2012
Urban Land Institute (ULI)
Key Cases or Transactions
- Acted as local counsel for a $50 million multi-industrial property loan, and handled all Illinois law matters, including the review of title and survey.
- Represented a client in a complex $3 million acquisition of a retail property in Georgia, which entailed a 1031 exchange, the creation of an owners’ association and new construction related matters.
- Handled disputes between our client, a national grocery store chain, and its landlord regarding certain construction and maintenance/repair issues that caused liability concerns and equipment damage, up to the point of litigation.
- Drafted purchase and sale agreements, easements, license agreements, design contracts and miscellaneous agreements for an active senior living community.
- Represented an Asia-based telecommunications company in a lease amendment related to a complicated leasehold easement that ran across the landlord's property and adjacent property owners' properties, in order for the company to acquire a permanent electrical facility site.
- Drafted and negotiated contracts, assisted with subdivision matters, and handed closing matters for an investment firm’s sale of single family lots.