As an experienced and trusted advisor in the areas of wealth preservation, corporate structure, succession planning, premarital agreements, estate planning and taxation, Ron Mora assists individuals and families in the creation of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies, as well as helping them coordinate their relationships with their accountants, financial planners, life insurance agents and bankers.
Ron's diverse client base includes successful individuals, including entrepreneurs, physicians, professional athletes and entertainers, as well as families and closely held businesses.
In addition, Ron works with clients in the manufacturing, retail and service industries in connection with the sale and acquisition of businesses, and he has prepared numerous executive and owner employment agreements, buy and sell agreements, and non-competition agreements.
Ron has been recognized as an Illinois SuperLawyer, and has been named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the areas of Closely & Privately Held Business, Individual Tax Law and Trusts, Wills & Estate Planning Law.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., associate editor, Journals Board
- Indiana University, B.S., Accounting
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Tax Court
- John Marshall Law School, former adjunct instructor, estate planning and administration
- Volunteer Tutor, Nettlehorst Grammar School
Key Cases or Transactions
- Negotiated and assisted in the sale of a 245-bed nursing home facility.
- Assisted the board of trustees and Bishop of a large congregation in Metropolitan Chicago in a major building and expansion program.
- Drafted employment agreements for head football and basketball coaches at NCAA institutions.