Steve Sandler has spent more than three decades counseling and advising developer and investor clients in the acquisition, disposition, leasing, development, financing and structuring of all types of real estate and real estate transactions.
Steve's range of experience includes complex, high-stakes projects involving major office buildings, hotels, apartment buildings, industrial buildings and unimproved land. He has particular depth of skill in structuring transactions and all phases of financing, including construction, interim, permanent, mezzanine, securitized and equity funding that is provided by banks, institutions, pension funds, REITs and private lenders.
Steve, a former long-term member of the firm's Management Committee, has been recognized as an Illinois SuperLawyer in Real Estate since 2005 and has been named an Illinois Leading Lawyer in the areas of Commercial Real Estate Law and Real Estate Financ
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 1967
- Washington University, B.S., Tau Beta Pi, 1961
- Chicago Bar Association, Real Property Committee and Real Property Finance Subcommittee
- Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association
- Board member, former chair, Council for the Jewish Elderly (CJE)
- Board member, Jewish United Federation