As a member of Gould & Ratner’s Corporate Practice, Ammara Khan focuses her practice on corporate law matters, assisting businesses with legal entity formation, raising capital, both private equity, venture capital and debt/financing, and various restructuring, redemptions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate lending, qualified opportunity zone funds, cryptocurrency and blockchain, joint ventures and related matters. Ammara also assists from a general counsel perspective by drafting and negotiating service contracts, buy-sell agreements, distribution agreements, as well as working on incentive plans for attracting key management.
Ammara maintains involvement in the clean energy industry, working with both financing parties and operating entities in the clean energy, environmental and social consciousness industries on matters related to waste heat recapture and solar energy. Ammara also works with various technology companies and entities in the decentralized finance space.
Ammara previously worked in Big Four consulting with Ernst & Young and PricewaterhouseCoopers, where she took part in large the structuring, reorganizing and tax planning of large scale M&A transactions.
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Ohio State University, B.S., Accounting, 2011
Key Cases or Transactions
- Represented private equity client in the $30 million acquisition of a Michigan-based industrial steel supply company.
- Represented a real estate and alternative asset group in raising capital for an Illinois-based qualified opportunity zone fund.
- Represented several borrowers in securing commercial financing transactions.
- Represented a private equity fund in a $4.5 million Series A financing round.
- Represented a Chicago-based insurance startup company in a $10 million Series A financing round.
- Represented the lead investor of a battery technology company in a $10 million investment.
- Represented the lead investor of a solar technology company in a $1 million add-on investment.
- Represented a maritime transportation company in obtaining a $115M secured credit facility to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Represented a privately-held company in a $211M acquisition of a maritime transportation company with the primary focus of transporting agricultural fertilizer.
- Represented sole investor in $15M convertible debt round into infrastructure development company.
- Represented Company in $15M Series A Funding in the artificial intelligence and biophysical simulation technology space.
- Represented an investor in two separate investments in companies specializing in battery manufacturing intelligence solutions and machine learning analytics.
- Represented lead investor in $1.2M Series A investment in Chicago based energy harvest start up.
- Represented lead investor in $1.4M Series Seed investment in independent professional hockey league company.
- Represented lead investor in $2M Series Seed financing into fitness and sports software company.
- Represented a Chicago-based private equity firm in the $15 million acquisition/purchase of a South Dakota based clean energy agriculture company.
- Represented investor in $14M convertible debt round into solar technology company.
- Represented client as a major investor as part of a total raise of $400M in a lithium ion battery technology company.
- Represented investor in the Series A investment of $4M into California vacation rental based software company.
- Represented decentralized financing start up with convertible debt raise.
- Represented lead investor in $20M Series B raise for an energy storage technology company.
- Represented agriculture technology Company in $6M Series A raise and following $4M bridge convertible note financing.
- Represented Chicago based digital technology company in Series Seed raise.
- Represented lead investor in $5.2M Series Seed preferred investment into sports technology and gaming company.
- Represented major investor as part of a $50M Series D offering in a nickel-zinc battery technology company.
- Gould & Ratner Represented Gillig LLC in a Joint Venture with RR.AI, January 27, 2022
- Seven Gould & Ratner Attorneys Elevated to Partner, December 1, 2021
- Gould & Ratner Advises Client Navier on Agreement for Argo Cryptocurrency Facility in West Texas, April 29, 2021
- Gould & Ratner Represents Client EternaTear in Completing Oversubscribed Series A Funding, October 7, 2020
- Corporate Practice Adds New Lawyers, GR Media Release, November 2018