Policyholder Insurance Coverage
Gould & Ratner’s Policyholder Insurance Coverage attorneys provide counsel and advocacy for policyholder clients relating to insurance matters and claims. Our lawyers also approach insurance from a business perspective, understanding and anticipating the risks facing our clients. We help clients plan, manage and limit those risks to protect their interests. If litigation or arbitration against the insurer becomes necessary, our highly skilled and experienced trial lawyers can step in.
Our attorneys regularly counsel clients from a broad range of industries, addressing a wide variety of insurance coverage matters, including:
- Builders’ and construction risk
- Environmental liability, including asbestos
- Class action claims, including TCPA, wiretap/eavesdropping and biometric information
- Commercial general liability
- Cybersecurity and social engineering policies
- Title insurance matters
- Represented buyer of plastic injection molding company in negotiating environmental insurance coverage terms with seller.
- Represented insured company in seeking coverage for claim under Illinois Biometric Information Protection Act, including negotiating stand-still and assignment.
- Represented insured quarry operator in obtaining title insurance coverage over litigation involving stormwater from adjoining village.
- Represented insured manufacturer in obtaining buyout of asbestos insurance coverage.
- Represented insured food producer in obtaining disputed coverage for commercial litigation over equipment ownership.
- Forecast for Insuring Commercial Solar Panel Installations: Partly Cloudy , September 15, 2022
- Illinois Appellate Court Denies Business Interruption Insurance Claim Related to COVID-19 , March 29, 2022
- Illinois Supreme Court Finds Insurance Coverage for Alleged Violations of BIPA , May 24, 2021
- Policyholders See New Developments in COVID-19 Case Law , November 10, 2020
- More Hope for Insureds Experiencing COVID-19 Losses , September 30, 2020
- Coverage for COVID-19: How Are Insurance Policyholders Faring So Far With Claims and Litigation? , September 24, 2020