Ilana Bley focuses her practice on assisting individuals, families and business owners with complex tax planning and wealth transfer strategies. Ilana handles a variety of matters, including implementing tax efficient estate plans, administering trusts and estates and charitable planning.
Ilana is an Associate Member of the Chicago Estate Planning Council (CEPC) was selected by her peers for inclusion in the 2021 edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers, “Ones to Watch.” Ilana is a member of the American Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association and frequently writes articles pertaining to changes in tax law.
Ilana graduated law school with a Certificate in Tax Law. While attending law school, Ilana served as a student articles editor of the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal, was a student clinician at the Loyola Business Law Clinic, and was president of Loyola University Chicago School of Law's Decalogue Society.
Prior to joining Gould & Ratner, Ilana was a corporate associate at a large law firm in Chicago where she counseled clients on a wide range of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and general corporate matters.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Alpha Sigma Nu , 2015
- Washington University, B.A., 2010
Chicago Estate Planning Council (CEPC) –Associate Member
- Stimulus Bill Increases Deduction Amount for Most Business Meals , January 14, 2021
- Employee Retention Tax Credit Extended and Expanded , December 23, 2020
- Federal Gift and GST Tax Returns and Payments Due Date Delayed Until July 15 , April 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Disaster Relief Payments to Employees Not Considered Taxable Income by IRS , March 31, 2020
- Ownership of Foreign Assets May Require Filing of Form BE-10 , February 19, 2020
- New Year Brings New Rules for Retirement Accounts , January 02, 2020
- Beneficiary's Residency Not Enough for State To Tax Trust, Supreme Court Rules , June 21, 2019
- Opportunity Zone Program Offers Attractive Tax Benefits for Long-Term Investors , November 06, 2018