Jennifer Tolsky advises businesses, families and individuals in complex estate planning, wealth transfer, business succession planning and taxation matters. Jennifer’s experience includes analyzing income tax and estate tax implications, and reviewing business transactions to determine the income tax implications. Her wealth and succession planning experience strikes the strategic balance between executing her client’s vision and providing tax efficient solutions.
Before joining Gould & Ratner, Jennifer was a tax associate with RSM US LLP, where she prepared complex individual, trust, partnership and gift tax returns.
Jennifer is an active member of the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois Bar Association and the Chicago Estate Planning Council (CEPC). She also frequently writes articles related to changes in tax law.
Jennifer earned her J.D. from UIC John Marshall Law School, and received her bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Jennifer is a Certified Public Accountant and is fluent in Korean.
- UIC John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2008
- DePaul University, Accounting Studies (non-degree) , 2010
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., Economics , 2005
- Pending Changes to Illinois Tax Laws Include SALT Workaround , June 04, 2021
- New Stimulus Allows Faster Depreciation of Certain Residential Rental Property Held by Electing Real Property Trades or Businesses , January 14, 2021
- Why Taxpayers May Want to File a Protective Claim With the IRS for a Refund of ACA-Related Taxes , July 09, 2020
- Low Interest Rates May Provide Planning Opportunity , April 17, 2020
- How the SBA’s Affiliation Rules May Affect Your Loan Eligibility for COVID-19 Economic Relief , April 15, 2020
- IRS Automatically Postpones Additional Payment, Filing Deadlines to July 15 , April 14, 2020
- IRS Issues COVID-19 Tax Credit Details and Instructions , April 01, 2020
- CARES Act Provides Tax Relief to Individuals, Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 , March 30, 2020
- Some Employers Eligible for Reimbursement of Employee Paid Leave Related to COVID-19 , March 24, 2020
- Illinois Allows Easier Way For Remote Retailers to Collect Sales Tax , July 16, 2019
- New Opportunity Zones Guidance from IRS Clarifies Key Provisions of Program , June 05, 2019
- The New Limited Interest Deduction: Good For Business? , February 05, 2018